Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Organizing with Simply Serene Space


Believe it or not I have an online job I do and this is my workstation. Can it be any more cluttered? I would bring things over to work on and then just leave them there to muddle through later. I'd lose things and go bananas trying to find them. Ugh it was awful





Now I can't promise that I don't have books or papers on the desk all the time. But I do make sure that it doesn't get cluttered. I actually don't want it to go back to the way it looked before I couldn't work like that again.





The book shelf was filled and overflowing and now that I arranged and went through everything I now know where all my books and resources are.  I would pile things on top of my bookshelves for storage. To be honest I would forget what was in the containers and have to open every single one to see what was stored in them. As cluttered as it looks I was totally cluttered in my creativity. 



At the very least I am able to find my journals and watercolor sheets that before stacked all over the room. Oddly enough you would think I would remember where I put things but I would lay it here or there and never remember I had them. Now I know this is their spot so that's where they will be.






Here's a view of one of the shelves system I had put up. Notice that the very top is not being used I have to get a step-ladder to get up there so it doesn't make it easy for me to get to so I just decided to forgo the shelving system.


Here is that book shelf now. All my papers and stamp sets are lined up in an order to help me not only use them but when I place an order I'm not buying things I already have tons of in my shelf. This not only saves me time it saves me money! I like that cause then I can buy things I really do need. 




This is where I film my YouTube uploads. Just total craziness right? Notice the book shelf to the far right total kaos. Inks, paper, and etc. I thought I had my paper organized easily but actually check out the next picture and see how much better and more accessible everything is now. 











Well, with the help of Gina my organizer we were able to purge and organize. 






Now on close up the table is a mass with items but this is the new set up for my filming and it is so much better. I can have my items at the ready for filming and not have to pause the video to go scrounging around for my supplies. What a joy it is now to do craft video's.




No comments:

Post a Comment

#29faces day 1

                                #29faces           Martha from I love 2 paint on YouTube started 29 faces in 2012  Martha's Channel here...