Monday, August 10, 2015

I am a craft hoarder

Hi, my name is Mimi, and I am a craft hoarder.

Every time I read or watch someone in a magazine, on TV or YouTube I immediately want to go buy those products. When someone lists the products they used and say I have included the website where you can buy these items. CLICK, I'm there and there is always some interesting things I don't have yet.  In some cases I do have them already and they exist somewhere in my closet or drawers. Now I have every intention of completing the tasks that I set my little heart to do but then I'm off to work and when I finally get time to actually do what I intended I see something new and exciting to do.

So what do I do?
Is there a 12 step program for craft addicts? (don't say that too fast)  Now I'm not going to stop anytime soon reading or watching my favorite arty people. But I have to get a handle on my purchases. I decided to create my own 6 step program, I'm not sure I can even think of 12 steps so here is 6 if your interested.

1) Be realistic, make list of what I want to do for this year.
More often than not I am interested in everything. But not everything is interesting. So I have to choose wisely.What will I spend my time doing?  jewelry making, drawing, journals, clay creatures, gifts, painting, watercolors, colored pencil drawings, gourd art, crochet jewelry, needlepoint crafts.
   
2) Stop procrastinating! Get started on some of those projects. Make it a priority. Create Art every free moment! Drawing in the living room, crafts outside on the deck and polymer clay in the art room

3) Don't rush to buy. If it's not on my agenda to use right now. -Unless it's something I use and it's on-sale or I have a coupon.

4) Before I buy make sure it can do double duty. Can I use it for more than one project?  Of course!

5) Do I have something that can substitute. Does it have to be that product? Probably but I can't find it.

6) Wait 24 hours before purchasing.Unless it's a sale and the coupon is only good for one day.

Why do I try? I think I'll just stop feeling guilty. I think there's a sale at Michael's and I have a coupon. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#29faces day 1

                                #29faces           Martha from I love 2 paint on YouTube started 29 faces in 2012  Martha's Channel here...