Saturday, August 27, 2022

Restarting and creating a community


                                         Socialize and interact with others at the craft fairs.


I have spent the last year fine-tuning my craft of sewn items. That certainly doesn't mean I have stopped my paper crafting phase. Most crafters might understand I go from one thing to the next and try to master it. It depends on the weather, my mood, and what seems exciting today. That's why it's called Creative Mix. Cause I do a mix of things always have.  

outdoor craft tent

My craft fair adventures are because it is my social life now that I don't have a regular job to go to every day. Most people don't realize when they have spent much of their time at a job. I haven't done many things over my lifetime and mostly put too much into them. When you finally retire, it gets very quiet. Especially when you don't have grandchildren or family nearby to keep you busy. You can start feeling isolated when you stop going someplace daily. For me having my youtube channel and my crafty life keeps me going. 


 So, I have been trying to build a community of crafters to engage with each other on social media platforms. Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram, and youtube. I'm not the media mogul all those young people are; I just want a place where we can get together and share ideas. Sort of like meeting at a coffee shop and doing our own crafts, but having time together and sharing our thoughts. 

We are starting a monthly craft fair in September, and I am so excited to see how my new items do at this show. Here are some photos so you can see what I'm bringing. I'll update how it went later on. I will most likely post to Facebook and TikTok so you can follow if you are interested.

small bags 
hand sanitizer holders

key fob change holders


If nothing else, the table will look attractive. The thing is, I am doing a great Halloween look, and that is not everyone's cup of tea. But there it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#29faces day 1

                                #29faces           Martha from I love 2 paint on YouTube started 29 faces in 2012  Martha's Channel here...